In Gov 2080 (Quantitative Analysis in Political Science), we usually design and field a poll of Bowdoin students. We did that again this Fall, and the results can be accessed below. Some highlights:
- Student government earns higher marks this fall, about 63 on a 0 to 100 scale, up from about 50 in previous years.
- Administration, meanwhile, received more critical assessments. This has been a tough semester at Bowdoin, and respondents have clearly aimed some of their discontent at campus leaders.
- Still, 67 percent of respondents approve or strongly approve of the College’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Students are also very stressed. On a 0 to 10 scale, with 10 being extremely stressed, the average Bowdoin students reports being a 7.44. That’s up from 6.93 in the Spring semester and up even further from 5.91 in the pre-pandemic period of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Lots more in the report. Enjoy!